Monday, May 6, 2013

Some days I feel like shit, Some days I want to quit and just be normal for a bit...

Warning:  This will be whiny in the beginning.  Hopefully I can turn it around.

My husband died May 13, 2008.

He believed he had pulled a muscle in his leg, he wanted to go to the ER and get a brace, if he was lucky a painkiller or 2 and come home.  I told him I would bring the babies(two 4 year olds and a 2 year old) after I fed them.  I prayed that they didn't catch leprosy or anything at the ER.

Very long story short, he was dead 5 hours later.  I sat in a chair in the family room feeling like every nerve ending on my body was exposed.  And I could not say a word.  I begged those doctors for his life, I begged God too.  I didn't get my miracle.  Neither did my kids.  I vividly remember the nurses eyes watching me.  Them tearing up when I turned to them frantic to save my husband.  Them yelling at me to breathe.  Losing him, I lost my most basic human instinct.

Two doctors who I did not know held my hands.  Walking me to the room so I could be with him when he technically died.  CPR stopped, along with my whole entire world.

The following days are a blur.  Maybe one day I will be in a place to write about them.  Even nearly 5 years later, this is a wound that I carry everyday.  Never quite healing.  Being ripped at whenever I see someone who looked like him.  Whenever my kids ask what he looked like because they don't remember him.  Whenever one of the kids accomplish something and I wish I had someone to be as proud as I am.  Whenever I am lonely.  Whenever I just need help.

Today is a day I wish I could call him up and hear his voice.  Today is also the day I got back on board with my eating.  He would be kicking my ass today for slipping.  He would have been my biggest cheerleader.  I am doing this for him this time.  So that I can watch our daughter walk down the aisle, and I can watch our sons become men in his honor.

"When I look to the sky, something tells me your here with me and you make everything alright when you are here"


2 comments:

  1. Even in this heart wrenching post I see your strength shining though. I am sure he is proud of you today. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he have a DVT? So so sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete